Before finding it out what is gluten free at McDonalds and what is gluten free at taco bell? Let’s first understand the term – Gluten.
What is gluten? What is gluten free?
A kind of protein found in foods especially cereal crop, examples are: rye, barley and wheat.
It is also known as prolamins and gives a chewy and soft texture.
People with celiac disease are advised to avoid taking foods which have gluten and gluten free food is recommended by the doctors to them.
What is celiac disease? How gluten free food helps in this?
It is an auto-immune disorder which lead to damage of small intestine’s lining by eating foods rich in gluten.
This lead to improper (poor) absorption of nutrition and digestive discomfort, celiac ataxia is one of rare auto immune disease; it affects the nervous system as well on eating foods rich in gluten.
Exact reason is not known, but as per doctors it’s a genetic disorder.
Doctors recommend gluten free diet to those who suffer from celiac disease.
People suffering from celiac disease are advised to eat gluten-free food.
As we often visit restaurants, fast food corners for lunch, dinner or social get together in that situation it is very difficult to follow the diet plan.
Many of us visit McDonald and Taco bell and try to find – what is gluten free at McDonalds? What is gluten free at taco bell?
Read the complete list of the gluten free food, you will be stress free and enjoy your meal when you have gluten free food options in mind before you go to your favorite place for meal. Gluten intolerance should not leave you starving when you are travelling, it should not spoil your social life, and with cautious and careful approach you can enjoy your occasional trip to taco bell and McDonalds with your friends and family.
McDonald’s is one of the safer options for quick meal. As we all know that McDonald follow the standard method for production and nutritional information and product ingredients are readily and easily available and accessible to check. Thus having gluten free at McD is quite easier than any other fast food chain.
What is gluten free at McDonalds?
There are a many options available to have gluten free at McD. While ordering, be extrovert about your concerns. Team members are trained to answer your questions they can answer method of food preparation and ingredients.
Let’s see the options available.
Almost all beverages at McD are gluten-free, including
Specialty coffee drinks
Desserts and Snacks
Gluten free desserts at McDonald’s:
- The sliced apples with caramel dip are gluten-free
- It’s OK to eat the ice cream, hot fudge and whipped cream on a standard sundae. Don’t use additional toppings like Oreo cookie or M&M’s crumbs.
- McFlurries are fine to eat but avoid those which have Oreo or cookie crumbs, M&M’s and candies.
- All flavors of McD shakes are free from gluten.
- The vanilla ice cream, served in a cup
- All flavors of McD’s smoothies are gluten-free.
Options for Breakfast
McDonald offer variety of breakfast. If ordered separately and not mixed with other ingredients. It’s a good option for gluten free breakfast.
These include the following:
- Scrambled eggs: The eggs should be separately ordered and ensure it should not be a part of a sausage and egg blend.
- The pork bacon
- Breakfast steak
- Sausage patty is made with pork, water and seasoning blend and it is a gluten-free.
For those looking to go gluten-free, salads is a great choice. McDonald’s salads is free of wheat and gluten.
- When you Order Premium Southwest Salad Order this without the tortilla strips, and keeps aside the dressing, it contains maltodexterin and modified food starch.
- You can order Premium Bacon Ranch Salad without chicken or croutons.
- Premium Caesar Salad: Skip both the Caesar dressing and the croutons.
- The plain side salad made with the blend of vegetables is gluten-free.
What is gluten free at taco bell?
Let see taco bell Gluten Free items list.
- Nacho Cheese Doritos Chips
- Triple Layer Nachos
- Chips and Guacamole
- Cantina Power Bowl – Chicken, Steak, Veggie
- Boss Nachos – Chicken, Steak
- Black Beans, Black Beans & Rice
They removed Spicy Tostadas In 2020, from menu.
Taco Bell’s gluten free sauces
- Border Sauce – Diablo, Hot, Mild
& all soda and freezes they serve are gluten free.
*** There is no wheat in the Chips and Nacho Cheese Sauce but it does contain gluten. Beef mixes of Taco bell are gluten-free, it contain oats.
Always verify with your local McD or Taco Bell before trying any food items.
You can also Read: